We stopped looking...the selling agent was working really hard for us. The bank (Bank of America) reviewed the offer on March 19th. We were told that if it was a "no", we'd hear right away. Well, we didn't hear anything. It's now April 6th and we still haven't heard anything.
So, we looked at another house today. It was basically all brand new inside the house. It was nice but had many con's to it....
- neighborhood didn't feel like one...it seemed like the houses were condo's
- the kitchen was smaller than our apt. kitchen and that's tiny
- the "living room" def. wouldn't have fit our furniture
- and that extra front room...I hate them. It's wasted space to me.
- brand new appliances in kitchen-never been used
- granite countertops
- new carpeting and paint
- loved the double doors into the master
It looks as if we'll be missing the $8000 tax credit which is up by the end of this month if you do not sign a contract by then. As much as we'd LOVE that money and how much easier it'd be to get the things we need with that money...we will not settle on a house just for the extra cash. I know that if we did that, I'd regret it and hate our house within less than a year. I don't want that.
So, here we are, waiting for the bank to say "yes" to the offer so we can move on with this process and stop stressing. We want out of our apt. living and all the scum around us who don't care about others except themselves.
We will wait.....
We will hope that once the tax credit is over, the prices of houses with plummet a little more like our Realtor said they would since less people will be buying.
We will pray.....
We will be optimistic....
We will let "what's supposed to happen, happen"
We will love the decisions we end up making.....
WE WILL OWN A HOME THIS YEAR!