So, last Saturday, I had a party to attend and I wanted to bring something. I wasn't sure what to bring as it was a surprise Luau birthday party. I knew I wanted to bring some kind of dessert but there was already going to be cake, so cupcakes were out. I knew there would be brownies so I thought cookies were out too.
I got an email from Pillsbury with this delicious sounding recipe. It was perfect! I got many many compliments on them too. Below you will find the recipe along with some pictures. I know, I know, I should have taken pictures of them once they were cut, but I forgot! :-(
Prep Time: 20 Min's
Total Time: 2 Hr 55 Min
Makes 32 Bars
1/2 cup LAND O LAKES butter, melted
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (32 squares)
1 bag (8 oz) Heath Bits 'O Brickle toffee bits (1 1/2 cups)
1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
1 bag (12 oz) Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate baking chips (2 cups)
1 can (14 oz) Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 tablespoon LAND O LAKES butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13x9 inch pan with No-Stick Cooking Spray.
2. In medium bowl, stir 1/2 cup melted butter, 1 1/2 cups of the cracker cumbs and 3/4 cup of the toffee bits. Press mixture evenly in bottom of pan. Refridgerate about 15 minutes or until firm.
3. Meanwhile, let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. In 2-quart saucepan, heat chocolate chips, milk and 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat, sirring frequently, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Spread mixture over cracker crust.
4. In medium bowl, break up cookie dough. Mix in remaining 1/2 cup cracker crumbs with wooden spoon until well blended. Crumble mixture evenly over chocolate layer. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup toffee bits.
5. Bake 25-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 2 hours. For a firmer bar, refridgerate 30 minutes longer. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.