Wedding

Wedding

Our travels....

Saturday, September 19, 2009

I wish I had some girl friends....

I feel like such a loser because I don't really have any girl friends here in AZ. I know I've only been here for almost 4 months but isn't that long enough to make at least 1? haha I mean, a few girls I work with, I would consider friends, I guess but we don't really ever hang out. I want some girl friends that I can go out with and do girly stuff with, without my husband. :-)

There's one girl in my Hip Hop class that seems really cool. We talk every class but haven't gotten to the point of saying "hey, lets hang out" or "here's my # if you ever want to get together." I just feel funny saying either of those 2 things. Hopefully as the class continues, maybe we'll eventually hang out. She's super nice so I'm hoping. haha I feel so stupid about it. Why is it so hard to make friends when you're an adult? Why can't I lose all my inhibitions and just ask her if she wants to hang out sometime? I don't want to look desperate though..............

Atleast I'm working up a sweat in my class. Today was a little rough...we did a lot of cardio stuff and some B-Girl stuff (break dancing). Wow, let me tell you, it's hard and of course the instructors make it look super easy!! I'm getting there though and really enjoying it too.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! It took me a long time after moving to Seattle before I made good girl friends. I met one girl after about 6 months that I hung out with occasionally - and I became friends with my husband's friends' wives and girlfriends... but it was probably 3 or 4 years before I finally had a group of good girl friends. Don't worry - you'll find some good ones at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that you mention this because my husband and I were just talking about friendships last night. I think a lot of people feel the same as you, whether or not they're new to the area. As adults (especially married ones) it is easy to get caught up in the daily responsibilities we have and neglect those relationships that we don't see regularly.
    It sounds like you're doing the right thing, so just keep putting yourself out there and something will click. Adult friendships are the new dating.

    ReplyDelete