Wedding

Wedding

Our travels....

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sad story

So, many of you know that I go on The Nest all the time. I go on the Phoenix board and the May '08 board because that was the month and year that I got married. Anyways....one girl on my Phoenix board posted about one of her friends that she met on The Nest or The Knot, I'm not sure which one. This girl passed away after having a c-section because amniotic fluid got into her blood stream and caused her to be brain dead which leaves her husband a single dad with a newborn and also had to plan a funeral and mourn the death of his best friend and soul mate.

I don't personally know the girl but I feel terrible for her family, husband and now daughter. They have set up a fund for her husband and child to help him get through all of this. Any help that you can do, whether it's sending coupons for diapers and/or formula, a card saying you're sorry for his loss or even bigger than that with actual gifts would be great!! Here is the address to send to:

Jewelyn Okamoto Memorial Fund
PO Box 235971
Encinitas, CA 92023-5971

For bigger packages send to:

Brandi Futrell
c/o Jewelyn Okamoto
14928 S. Maple Ave
Gardena, CA 90248

You can read more about it here: http://tinyurl.com/ybdg94a

I just can't believe this still happens in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment